Honored to be in community with you.
I'm Dr. Monique Gonzalez (Dr. Mo more often these days) and my pronouns are she/her/ella. I moved recently from the SF Bay Area, California to a tiny slow paced village in Spain. I am a licensed clinical psychologist, with doctoral education and clinical training in mental health. I have background in clinical assessment, therapeutic services, interdisciplinary collaboration, parent+community education, and organizational/staff training. Mindfulness, trauma informed care, and cultural humility principles strongly guide my approach. I am bilingual in English/Spanish, and am proud to come from a family of Latinx immigrants.
I left my job as a therapist due to the impact of a disability, known as Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD). This 'Great Pause' of career transition and creative reinvention has been simultaneously scary as f^@k and incredibly liberating. Much of what I share is focused on learning how to flow with the sacred messy of our humanity (I wrote a blog about this, if you're interested). For my fellow chronic illness and disabled folks, you are oh so seen here and I am sending you an extra big virtual compassionate ray of light.
I have shifted from therapy services to community offerings that allow me to honor the pace, flow, cycle of my own body+mind+spirit. This allows me to reach out to more folks around the world, as well as the capacity to co-create nourishing, educational spaces for mindfulness support and training on premenstrual disorders. I am passionate about elevating PMDD awareness and advocacy in the mental health profession.
These are all themes that will weave their way throughout my offerings. I facilitate workshops, healthcare trainings, consultation, and virtual PMDD community spaces that uplift and make accessible mindful collective care. You can learn more about these offerings and my academic background by scrolling below.
Sending you gratitude for taking time to be present. Deep breaths. We got this.
Un abrazo virtual muy fuerte,
If there is anything I have learned in the last several years, life is fluid, evolving, and meant to be grounded in alignment with deeper values. With that said, these offerings are those that feel present in my heart at this time, and I am delighted to bring them to life in community. The best way to stay updated as new offerings arise is by tapping that button below and dropping your email to receive the occasional newsletter. If you are interested in collaborating, would like to have me facilitate a training at your organization, or have any specific question, please do feel free to directly✨ email me✨.
Let's stay connected!
Are you someone living with PMDD or someone supporting a loved one with PMDD? Dr. Mo is committed to creating a PMDD mindfulness collective that facilitates space for healing amidst the sacred messy of it all. Dr. Mo facilitates the PMDD Grounding Circle, a nourishing and validating online gathering space that meets every other month. It is open to all PMDD folks seeking shared community, mindfulness strategies, and a restful pause. Sign up for the newsletter to hear about future gatherings.
Dr. Mo is available to facilitate interactive online spaces for dialogue, training, and healing on a variety of wellness topics.
🌿Continuing Education training on Premenstrual Disorders
🌿 Empowering Teens and Young Adults to Mindfully Flow with their Menstrual Cycle
🌿Empowering Mindful Parenting
🌿Cultural Humility training
Email Dr. Mo to collaborate!
Dr. Mo is excited to currently offer 🌱Mindfulness For Your PMDD Journey🌊 This self-paced online course teaches mindful practices to support in planting seeds of ease, clarity and self-compassion in flowing with PMDD. It includes guided video lessons, a special workbook, and audio meditations.
Contact for more information
Are you interested in collaborating on a project? Would you like to host a workshop at your organization? Do you have a question about one of the offerings? Please don't hesitate to get in touch.Send a message to Dr. Mo
Monique Gonzalez, Psy.D.
Education and Credentials
California Board of Psychology License, PSY 28669
Doctorate of Clinical Psychology: California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco
- Predoctoral Internship: Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: Tulane University School of Medicine
Ancestral wisdom: the magic that Dr. Mo carries from her ancestors
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Cultural Humility *certified by Dr. Tervalon, founder of CH framework
- Nutritional and Integrative Medicine for Mental Health
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Informed Care
- Pivoting into Equity in Wellness Business
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions Model for Youth/Families
- Neurodiverse Learning
Hi. Me again. Here are some things I am learning to drop more into unapologetically these days:
- I am a sensitive, intuitive soul. That's just as important as the academic accolades.
- I am a Latinx cis woman still humbly stumbling, expanding, dismantling in the waters of part colonized, part colonizer.
- I'm transforming, breaking open and falling more deeply into allignment with my spirit.
- I stand for science and the wisdom of my abuelas.
- I am not going to have the "normal" psychologist-therapy-gig that grad school trained me for, as that does not support what my body needs right now. Also, what is normal anyway?
- I believe in being actively on the path of anti-oppression and collective liberation. This is an anti-racist space. This also means divesting from a capitalist, grind hard, patriarchal, ableist system and moving towards a more spacious, restful, and communal way of being.
- I give myself permission to FLOW.